Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ammonia is AWESOME

So for years I've been trying to figure out how to clean the underside of the hood over my stove...somehow I don't think that's what it's really called, but you know what I mean now, right?  I've tried Goo Gone, dish soap, Windex, orange stuff, Lysol, and probably some other stuff too.  None of it worked and I gave up.  Recently my refrigerator developed a big ugly black spot on the side of it...don't ask me how these things happen, cause I have no idea.  Anyway, when I was trying to clean it I remembered that when Lilly was born my mother-in-law came to visit and she cleaned my house (she's pretty awesome).  Callie (my MIL) cleaned homes for YEARS to support her kids as a single mom....so what I'm saying is, she knows her stuff.  I remember that she bought ammonia to clean the textured plastic on the high chair.  Honestly I didn't pay much attention at the time.  I had a 17 month old baby, a newborn, a crappy husband, and postpartum depression...I'm amazed I remember anything she did or said!  So, here I am almost 18 years later and remembered the ammonia and thought I'd try it on my textured refrigerator.  A jug of it at Wal-Mart was $1.25, so totally OK if it didn't work.  Today I tried it...and OH MY GOSH!  It's like a freaking miracle product!!!!!  What the heck?!?!  Why didn't I try this years ago?  And guess WHAT? it totally cleaned the years of greasy buildup off my hood thingy!!!!  



AND the textured door handle on my fridge too!

 It's a little hard to tell in this photo, but that handle is completely WHITE!

Ok, so I know it's ridiculous to be so excited, but you should see my hood...which I did not photograph...just because I think it's older than me and even cleaned it's still pretty ugly.   So that's my excitement for today!

1 comment:

FiveFrys said...

I am so going to try that!! I have the same problem with my hoody thingy!