Sunday, April 7, 2013

Women Prayed at Conference...

Quite honestly I never noticed that women weren't saying the prayers at conference, and it never has mattered to me.  All the recent fuss about women praying and about wearing pants is weird to me.  I just don't get it.  I went to a funeral recently and considered wearing pants because it was in the middle of the day on a Monday so wearing a skirt meant I'd be wearing it to work too, and I hate to wear a skirt to work.  I decided to wear a skirt out of love and respect for the friend who had passed away.  I felt that wearing my best was a good way to show my love for him and his family.  A good dressy skirt is still a step up from dressy pants.  So why wouldn't I do the same for God and wear a skirt to church? 

I just realized that I have wandered off topic...I do have a habit of wandering :).  About prayers at conference...it just seems like such a non-issue to me that I have a hard time even addressing it.  Really?  Why would anyone care who offers the prayer?  Anyway, if you really pay attention in conference you'll notice that women are well respected within the LDS church. 

So now you know what I think about women praying at General Conference, AND what I think about wearing pants to church! 

No comments: