Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nudity

Yesterday I took Grandma to the temple and when I drove her home I noticed a photo album on the kitchen counter that I didn't think I'd seen before.  So I opened it and found it was full of old photos of my grandparents.  As I flipped through it I came across one of Grandma with my Mom and my Uncle Pete, Grandma was wearing very short shorts and a halter top that in the black and white photo blended pretty nicely with her skin making her look almost topless.  As Mom and I were laughing at it I noticed that Mom actually was topless, when I teased her about it she told me that Grandma was always funny about clothes and really truly wanted to join a nudist colony so they were frequently naked at home, and when it would rain they would all go outside naked to play in the rain!  I had heard before that Grandma was very interested in the nudist colony, but I don't think I'd heard this story before!  There were several photos of Mom topless (all before the age of about 7)....the very last page of the album Mom has titled "photos that probably shouldn't have been taken"....so funny!  There a couple of Mom and her brother as toddlers completely naked and then one from a distance of my dear Grandpa!  Fortunately it's a side view and he appears to be squatting to maybe fix something?  Anywho...who knew that in the late 40's and early 50's my grandparents were walking around the woods of New York naked?  Too funny...no wonder my mother has always complained that Grandma is embarrassing!

2 comments:

FiveFrys said...

What a fun family! It's amazing the stories you hear when you flip through a photo album with a grandparent!

FiveFrys said...

Never mind! I forgot about this post and the album on your grandma's counter.