Saturday, September 3, 2011

I made pickles!

With the help of the ever-fabulous Lilly, who sang "Paparazzi" while we worked.  My mom canned a lot of fruit while I was growing up and I have to say I hated pretty much the whole process...the only part I liked was eating the finished product.  Especially pears...yum!  and pickles...yum!  So, when I became a grown up I never considered canning anything...I'll buy it already made, thank you very much.  BUT...my mother suckered my daughter into helping her make pickles a couple of years ago, who in turned suckered me into it...and guess what?  Turns out that making pickles is super easy...much easier than canning peaches and pears and cherries and apricots, and canning in Idaho is much more pleasant than canning in California's hot summers, I don't think we got over 90 degrees here this year. 

So to make a long story short....Lilly and I made pickles in my own kitchen, with my own canning equipment for the very first time.  Take a peek at the photographic evidence!








2 comments:

FiveFrys said...

Great job ladies! Do u think I could get Lilly to come serenade me while I do my canning?

Marie said...

She'd probably do it if you asked...what are you canning?