Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's a hard knocked life...

Recently someone told Lilly that I have a hard life just like she does (like "someone", not like Lilly), this was part of a little "tell-your-mom-hello" conversation, so Lilly passed the whole thing on to me. I have to say that it kind of annoyed me. Really? Do people go around saying "Marie's got a hard life"?? I sure hope not...but just in case let me set the record straight.
I have a beautiful life with a fair number of opportunities to stretch and grow. Nothing I can't learn from and turn into a lovely pitcher of lemonade. Just so you know.
Life is lovely, and challenges are what make us strong, now if you want to walk around saying things like, "Marie is a strong woman"...that's totally OK! I am strong and I am strong because I've had opportunities to become strong. Strength doesn't come from sitting around eating bon bons and watching tv...believe me, I know!