Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jesus the Christ: Chapters 11-13

I am SO far behind! Well, chapters 11 to 13 are about the ministry of Christ and while it was all interesting it wasn't really new information to me so I don't have a lot to share on these chapters. A couple of thought provoking items were the time Jesus turned water to wine at a wedding and when he told the people of his home synagogue that he was the Messiah.
The wedding story makes me wonder a little...I think there's something missing in this story, or maybe it's just something I'm missing. Mary asks him to do it, and he sort of puts her off, but then he does it anyway. Was he annoyed that she asked? Did he do it just to make her happy? Was there some greater reason that he did it? If he was going to do it anyway why did he say no at first? I don't know, there's something to this one that I just haven't quite wrapped my head around yet.
At the synagogue, isn't it interesting that the people wanted to throw him off a cliff? Really? Doesn't that seem a bit harsh? Wow! So glad I don't live among people like that! I'd have been killed several times over by now! The other interesting thing about this story is that he just walked away from it...how did he do that? Was it just because he was really good at calming people down? Was it a miracle? How did he do that? Really, I want to know. :)
So there you have it. My thoughts on three chapters of reading. Have a great week!

1 comment:

FiveFrys said...

I'll let you know what I think about the wedding when I get there (I'm still on Ch. 10)